Zimbabwe, Botswana and Zambia

January 16, 2017



 
My heart is bursting. I keep sprinkling these pictures, they make me so happy. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to know I really was there. Only figuratively, as otherwise I'd be all bruised. That's how often I think back to our adventures.

I do not mean to sound ungrateful. I've been to wonderful places with my family. Every trip has been an amazing, new adventure. Yet this trip was so different. It was magical in all senses of the word. 

I haven't rested in weeks. I have closed my eyes and been quiet for several hours in a row, but I have not really been able to sleep. Every night I find myself in some far away place, surrounded by lions turning into half-humans or building a hut in the jungle. Restless nights. It all comes down to not being able to stop thinking about our trip. Even during my sleep.

Not that I can complain. It's a fairly reasonable price for a great adventure.

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

© Erica Karppinen / Design by Fearne